Hi there,
I am struggling with setting up a component as default? Anyone could help, please? Thanks.
Hello @Isa He
It is not possible to set component by default on an issue type basis. You can only select it to be project specific.It is however possible to set the component field during a transition (for example, the created transition) with a post function (assuming that the different issue types have different workflows). This post function is not included in out of the box Jira since you need more advanced post function which can be achieved from using plugins. I am using the JMWE plugin with the post function "set field value". I hope that this information can be of any help!
Best regards,
Alexander
You can't set components to have default values. You could set a value after issue creation, using a workflow post-function.
Hi Alexander,
Thank you so much for your reply. So the workaround is to set the default component after the ticket is created but not at the point of creation. Correct?
Thanks Pete! I shall try to use post-function and see how it goes.
Hi
You could set it using Automation For JIRA plugin. Its functionality is so easy.
If you have any trouble, let me know.
In my project, I set the component at this transition:
So for the user that is creating the issue, it happens automatically. It's technically not a "default" component for the issue type, but the value is set when the issue is created and will be visible when a user views the issue after creation.
Cool. As long as the component is set, it works for me. Many thanks.
Thanks for your reply. This plugin looks straightforward. I may try it out.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.