We have two custom fields both of type Text Field (single line).
For one of them, called "Service Level Note", I can search within the text. But not for the other one, called "Web Page".
Example:
I set up an issue with this text in both fields: this is a test 123
Doing a basic search, and selecting the "Service Level Note" field and entering test, it finds this issue. When I look in Advanced Search to see how the search was written, it is using the "~" operator.
Doing a basic search, and selecting the "Web Page" field and entering test, it doesn't find anything. It finds the issue only if I enter a complete exact match for what's in the field. When I look in Advanced Search to see how the search was written, it is using the "=" operator. And if I try to change it to the "~" operator there in the Advanced Search screen, it tells me this field doesn't support the ~ operator.
Since they are both the same kind of field, what else could be different about them that allows us to search within one of them but not the other?
I do know one of them was created back when we were on Jira 7 and the second field was created after an upgrade to Jira 8. But I would doubt that's the reason I did a full re-index (where it locks Jira during the re-index) but did not see any change afterwards. What else should I check? Thanks!