I'm new to Jira and have a question regarding customization capabilities.
For example, I would like to have some simple notification system (similar to Youtube's subscription notifications) whenever a new ticket is assigned to our team's queue or whenever my name is mentioned in any ticket. Currently we get notified via email, but I think it would be more convenient to see notifications on Jira itself.
Other example - I would like Jira ticket to automatically refresh whenever a new comment is added by other user. For example, sometimes I would go through all the comments of a certain ticket, and then maybe write my own and add it to the ticket. However, since a certain amount of time has passed since I have opened this ticket, some other colleague may have opened this ticket as well and maybe already wrote his own comment or even already assigned the ticket to other queue. I think real time refresh feature whenever additional info is added or action is performed on a ticket would be beneficial.
Are my mentioned examples of customization realistic? If yes, what tools and access rights should I need in order to develop my own Jira features. Let's suppose I know Java and JavaScript.
Our company is running Jira server (as opposed to Jira Cloud)
version v7.12.1#712002