Hi there,
we want to take some content from our confluence knowledge base and reuse it on our website so we don't have to edit it twice. On our website there are links like https://kb.xyz.blabla/x/eQrtBQ to out confluence instance.
My first attempt was as follows
- Let the browser load the page of our website containing one or more links to our confluence.
- Get all those links.
- Load that linked confluence pages and replace the Link-Element with parts of the loaded content. (Basically a JQuery.load() call).
Since the parts of the page where that content should have been shown aren't visible unless unfolded first. The little delay of loading two or three pages from confluence wouldn't have been a problem.
But! The problem here is, that confluence itself seems to load just a rudimentary page where content is replaced and added by Javascript after the page is loaded. So when I load the content all I see is "Generating page properties report..." and nothing happens because the headers and scripts of the confluence content are not "executed".
After that I tried to get the content via the REST API and inserted into the webpage before it is delivered to the browser. That would have been my preferred method anyway. But I have the same problem if I load the body. I get content like
<table class=\"aui metadata-summary-macro current_released_version\"
data-cql=\"label="current_released_version" and space="BLABLA"\"
data-headings=\"Status, Date, Summary\" data-first-column-heading=\"Title\" data-count-comments=\"false\"
data-count-likes=\"false\" data-total-pages=\"0\" data-page-size=\"30\" data-sort-by=\"null\"
data-reverse-sort=\"false\" data-blueprint-present=\"false\">
<caption>Generating page properties report...</caption>
<thead> </thead>
<tbody> </tbody>
</table>
Is there any way to get the content with all its links, macros etc. resolved before it is delivered?
Thanks
Christian