I was able to get collaborative editing working with the NGINX reverse proxy as specified by this page here using context path for Confluence. However, I don't want to use a context path and am having trouble as the editor won't load my page.
Here are excerpts from my config files:
server.xml
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
proxyName="confluencedev.domain.com" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" secure="true"/>
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" startStopThreads="4">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<!-- Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
<Manager pathname=""/>
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/>
</Context>
<Context path="${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy" docBase="../synchrony-proxy" debug="0"
reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/>
</Context>
nginx.conf:
server {
listen confluencedev.domain.com:80;
server_name confluencedev.domain.com;
listen 443 default ssl;
ssl_certificate /etc/nginx/ssl/server.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/nginx/ssl/server.key;
# ssl on;
ssl_session_cache builtin:1000 shared:SSL:10m;
ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
ssl_ciphers HIGH:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!CAMELLIA:!DES:!MD5:!PSK:!RC4;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
access_log /var/log/nginx/ssl.access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/ssl.error.log;
location / {
client_max_body_size 256m;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://localhost:8090;
proxy_connect_timeout 360s;
proxy_send_timeout 360s;
proxy_read_timeout 360s;
}
location /synchrony {
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://localhost:8091/synchrony;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
}
} Any thoughts? There's no errors in the atlassian-synchrony.log, but I see 502 errors in fiddler when I try to go to the edit page for /synchrony and /synchrony-proxy.