I have a question similar to this but slightly different:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/In-Structure-group-by-Fix-version-sub-items-do-not-comply-to/qaq-p/1155024?tempId=eyJvaWRjX2NvbnNlbnRfbGFuZ3VhZ2VfdmVyc2lvbiI6IjEuMCIsIm9pZGNfY29uc2VudF9ncmFudGVkX2F0IjoxNTc4NDA3MTAwODI4fQ%3D%3D
Basically I want to achieve the same result but I am not able to build up my structure bottom up due to using "extend with links" automation.
To elaborate the scenario further:
We have 4-5 jira projects which are worked on by 3 teams.
We also have another separate jira project to hold the higher level initiatives which are linked to epics from those 4-5 jira projects. Let's call this "program" .
Program
|___ Initiative: Online Shop(version:2020Q1,2020Q2)
|___ Initiative: Community(version:2020Q1,2020Q2)
Application A project
|___ Epic: Authentication(version:2020Q1,2020Q2)
|___ Story: Basic authentication(version:2020Q1)
|___ Story: Keycloak integration(version:2020Q2)
|___ Story: some other dummy story
|___ Epic: Deployment on Amazon(version:2020Q1,2020Q2)
|___ Story: Cluster setup(version:2020Q2)
|___ Story: Run xyz(version:2020Q1)
Application B Project
|___ Epic: Integration with thirdparty(version:2020Q1,2020Q2)
|___ Story: rest api(version:2020Q1)
|___ Story: connectivity(version:2020Q2)
|___ Epic: Order management(version:2020Q1,2020Q2)
|___ Story: shopping cart(version:2020Q2)
|___ Story: order fulfilment(version:2020Q1)
These initiatives have links (dependency) to epics from projects A and B.
|___ Initiative: Online Shop
|___depends on: Authentication
|___depends on: Order Management
|___ Initiative: Community
|___depends on: Deployment on Amazon
|___depends on: Integration with thirdparty
So eventually, what I'd like to see is the following STRUCTURE:
Program
2020Q1
|___ Initiative: Online Shop
|___Authentication
|___ Story: Basic authentication(version:2020Q1)
|___Order Management
|___ Story: order fulfilment(version:2020Q1)
|___ Initiative: Community
|___Deployment on Amazon
|___ Story: Run xyz(version:2020Q1)
|___Integration with thirdparty
|___ Story: rest api(version:2020Q1)
2020Q2
|___ Initiative: Online Shop
|___Authentication
|___ Story: Keycloak integration(version:2020Q2)
|___ Story: some other dummy story
|___Order Management
|___ Story: shopping cart(version:2020Q2)
|___ Initiative: Community
|___Deployment on Amazon
|___ Story: Cluster setup(version:2020Q2)
|___Integration with thirdparty
|___ Story: connectivity(version:2020Q2)
So far, I couldn't find a way to filter the stories (or the issues under epics) by version.
Do you have any suggestions?
Edit: I forgot to add that we are using Structure server version. Should be the latest one as we are trialing it.
Thanks