I have read the advice page about copying a whole page with all child pages, but I do not have the Pages option on the top right corner, therefor I cannot choose the location and opt to copy all the child pages. Please help!
Hi @Nafisah Bhatty
This usually means that you don't have admin rights to perform actions in Confluence. You should contact your Confluence admins and request permissions or ask them to support you with this case.
The other way around is to copy all child pages one by one, annoying, but if it works, it may be a solution
Hello @Teodora V _Warsaw Dynamics_ thank you so much for getting back to me!
I am the admin though
Why else could this be?
Is it something to do with the new page editor?
The guide here shows what should happen: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html
But when going to copy, that box never pops up - it just opens a new copy of the page you're on. The copy page box never appears.
Oh, that's interesting. Are you on Cloud or Server? And do you check all the permissions and restrictions? I sometimes have some issues with Page permissions, which are different from the Space permissions.
Like a permission spaghetti.
I found your issue. So I have both cases here: with location tag and without any location or draft.
The first case: I have a page with some content, and it's child pages.The second case: Page with no content, just embedded Page Tree macro with its child pages. I have no idea why Confluence is differentiating it that way, but here I can use the Move option while copying the page and change the future location.
PS: gosh, each attempt creates you an Unpublished draft
Thank you With the move page link in the 2nd example, I still don't see the child pages option
But, it sounds like it might not be an option?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions-for-Confluence/Copying-a-Parent-Page-along-with-Child-Pages-and-Sub-Child-Pages/qaq-p/1209611?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mentions_reply&utm_content=topic
This is a bit misleading "Specify the new parent page for this page and its children by space and title."
I guess you are right, I made a few copies, but only the Parent page was duplicated. Sorry for not being able to fully assist you with this use case @Ben Barden
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.