Not Found (404)
Action 'com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.ViewWorkflowTransition' could not be instantiated - org.picocontainer.defaults.UnsatisfiableDependenciesException: com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.ViewWorkflowTransition doesn't have any satisfiable constructors. Unsatisfiable dependencies: [[interface com.atlassian.jira.workflow.JiraWorkflow, class com.opensymphony.workflow.loader.StepDescriptor, class com.opensymphony.workflow.loader.ActionDescriptor, interface com.atlassian.plugin.PluginAccessor, interface com.atlassian.jira.config.ConstantsManager, class com.atlassian.jira.util.CollectionReorderer, interface com.atlassian.jira.bc.workflow.WorkflowService], [interface com.atlassian.jira.workflow.JiraWorkflow, class com.opensymphony.workflow.loader.ActionDescriptor, interface com.atlassian.plugin.PluginAccessor, interface com.atlassian.jira.config.ConstantsManager, class com.atlassian.jira.util.CollectionReorderer, interface com.atlassian.jira.bc.workflow.WorkflowService]]
Could not find what you were looking for. Maybe you should raise an issue.
JIRA home

I encountered this issue during the course of editing workflows and transitions in JIRA 5.2 . I am not sure what condition caused this to happen. This began to occur for one particular workflow out of 4 that I created.
This error only appears when clicking View Conditions, View Validators or View Postconditions from the workflow diagram editor. From the Text editor, this error does not appear. However, conditions, validators, etc. that were already created and published have disappeared. Even if I create a new condition from the text side, when I go back to the diagram side and click view, I get the same (404). Strange.
Since two workflows were very similar, I was able to re-create the fouled up workflow from a functioning "similar" workflow as a workaround. This would be bad if it were to happened to a workflow that is very complex and unique. I would like to avoid that situation - or the situation of all of my workflows suddenly breaking in this fashion.
Has anyone ever encountered this?
Thank you,
Aaron