I went to my Atlassian Account | email page and changed my email address. It sent an email to my old email address which said:
Hi bill
You recently changed your email address in your Atlassian account. To confirm the change please check <new email address> to verify it's really you and complete the update.
Cheers,
The Atlassians
I then logged out and back in to Jira using my old email address and password and it was fine. However it would still not accept my password when trying to change the email address. Finally it informed me I had changed my email address too many times (I hadn't managed to change it at all) and I was prevented to change the email address for 24 hours.I checked the mail in my new email address and opened the email and clicked on the button that said "Verify my email address". It asked me for my password. I entered my Jira password but it would not accept it. I tried this a couple of times but with no luck.
Am I supposed to create a user with the new email address so I can change to this email address? I am totally confused here and would appreciate some advice.