I am very new to JIRA administration and have inherited a version 7.10.1 system. It has reached EOL and needs to be updated as soon as possible. Does Jira Core require an secondary on-site server to update my primary JIRA app-server? Like how Windows environments can use WSUS to update the servers? Is there a step-by-step guide for updating our system? We are completely on-premise.
Checkout the following links for complete details regarding upgrading your Jira instance:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-8-5-x-upgrade-notes-976781036.html
Hi @Jake Rich
To answer your questions :
Does Jira Core require a secondary on-site server to update my primary JIRA app-server? Like how Windows environments can use WSUS to update the servers?
No, this is not required.
Is there a step-by-step guide for updating our system? We are completely on-premise.
First go through these pages:
1. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrade-checklist-966063320.html
2. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/preparing-for-the-upgrade-966063325.html
Then upgrade using one of the 3 methods here ( i recommend Fallback method ):
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html
Ok, thank you, I will take a look at those links. Did you have to update Java versions or is it simple and just run an EXE file from Atlassian?
Yeah I found those links during my research. I was hoping for personal experiences doing the upgrades. Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.