I have a several step workflow where fields are only reqiured at certain steps. However it's not obvious that they are required until you click to submit the transition. Is there a way to configure it so that the astrisks show up on the form for those fields. I tried field configuration schemes but they only apply to one per issue type.
you need to do it by using javascript, try with following script
<script type="text/javascript"> AJS.$("#customfield_11300").parent().children('label').append('<span class="aui-icon icon-required"></span>'); </script>
check this site for more info
http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/09/silly-javascript-hacks-or-is-it.html
How do I put Javascript into a screen?
following way you can add it
1.add it on field description of field configuration
2. you can load it as webresource module in plugin
3. for testing purpose you can add it on anouncement banner
A better option would be to use the "Mandatory Fiel Validator" which ships with the plugin "Workflow Essentials for JIRA". (Disclaimer: Its not free and Im one of the Developers)
See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.codecentric.jira.wes/server/overview
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.