I use 'Get Data' -> 'From Other sources' -> 'from Web' option in Excel. I give the below URL
"https://acsjira.honeywell.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-csv-current-fields/158751/SearchRequest-158751.csv"
to get defect/issue data from Jira. But what I get is html script. I googled and found a suggestion to append '?' at the end of the URL. By doing this, I am prompted to key-in Jira login id and password. I choose the option to use my Windows login credentials. When I click on 'Ok' button, nothing happens. And if I click on 'load' option, I see hour glass and then the request times out. How to resolve?
Hi @sarvotham.chenji
Are you trying to import issues to jira from excel?
Please find the document
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Importing+Data+from+CSV
No, I am trying to import from Jira to Excel, not from Excel to Jira
It's Export
Go to issue navigator, Create a jql query and there in the corner you can see view menu item and there select excel(all fields) option to export all issues to excel
Ganesh, I request you to read my problem statement again. I know how to write a JQL query and I also know about the export option using which one can export. What I am not able to get working is, from within Excel 2016, I use 'get data' from 'Web' option where I give the URL. But excel fails to get data from Jira
There is something not set up correctly in your Excel importer. Check the user credentials and that the network is connecting ok.
Any update here? I'm facing the same problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.