Just curious from a management as well as a performance standpoint...
I've seen transitions with almost 100. They're very slow, but still work.
On top of the standard five, I would try to avoid adding more than 10-12 simple ones, or 2-3 complex (or dependent on other systems) ones if you want the transition to execute before your people get frustrated and impatient.
From a management point, working through a list of 70 "clever" things someone things they might need to do on a transition is a nightmare. I'd rather have a couple that do some minimal stuff, and one that offloads the rest of the clever things as a single "Oi! This just happened" to some middleware layer.
Thanks Nic, that makes a lot of sense.
I'm curious--do you have guidelines or thoughts on when/why to build automation into post-functions vs. Automation/Automation for Jira?
100! Egad!
@Payne - yes, scary, and horrid to try to untangle.
@Andrew Januszak - I have no "simple" guidelines, it is absolutely "what will work for this team". Do what works well for your people (not you as an admin - our job is not to be happy, but to enable other people to work well together, even when that particular config is really bad)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.