How to I upgrade my Apache Tomcat to version 7.0.55 (JIRA and Confluence) as required by Department of Defense to eliminate the risk posed by CVE-2014-0227?
If you are using the standalone installation of JIRA, you can upgrade to JIRA 6.3.4 to get the bundled version of Tomcat upgraded to 7.0.55 (see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-38636). If you are using the WAR distribution of JIRA, you'll need to manage your own app server upgrade, although I would suggest that you would probably need to upgrade to JIRA 6.3.4 anyway to ensure that we've tested the combination of app server + JIRA version.
For Confluence, the same answer, and you'll need to upgrade to Confluence 5.7.2 (there is no public JIRA issue referencing this upgrade, sorry).
Confluence 5.7.2 is not available on the downloads page, https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download. Only 5.7.1 is available for download and I am running that now with Tomcat 7.0.52.
Sorry about that - I neglected to check which versions were available publicly. 5.7.3 was just released today, which contains the Tomcat upgrade.
Joe, incorrect. I just installed confluence 5.7.3 on Linux and it still shows Application Server = Apache Tomcat/7.0.52. Again, I ask are there any plans to upgrade confluence to run on Apache Tomcat 7.0.55 or higher?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.