I've been working on setting up a Scrum project for a team I'm working on and I'm having trouble getting the completed Epics removed from the backlog view.
The Atlassian tutorial says I should have an option to 'Mark as Done' from the backlog view and I don't have that option.
After some searching around I found that there is an Epic Status field that wasn't included as part of the original project configuration (default Scrum software development project). So, I added the field to the screens on my project which showed it on the Edit screen, but it didn't have any options available. My research said the field should be set to Done, so I added that as an option with PowerScripts (the field is locked so I can't make manual changes to it).
Setting the Epic Status field to Done on my Epic and moving it to the Done status doesn't' give the 'Mark as Done' option nor does it remove the epic from my backlog view.
It's starting to seem like I might have a bug in my installation of Jira, but I wanted to check in here and see if anyone had any ideas before I contact Atlassian.