in all of my findings, every question included modification to jiraissue table as well. In my case, I only need to delete records from the two tables and I have the proper relationship and know what I'm doing. I have also tested this and validated that removing the record from both tables and refreshing the JIRA Issue (UI) would instantly show the correct result. I follow by adding the same data back (I didn't have to be concerned about the next ID in these tables since I re-inserted the same records) and the JIRA UI showed the data back in the history again.
I have the need to delete some 147K records created from the interface between JIRA and ET (Enterrpise Tester). Every time someone made a change in JIRA, it triggered the issue record to be selected to get refreshed on ET and since on some projects we have one JIRA to 3 to 5 ET projects, the number of these worthless etsync messages are inserted at very rapid way and obscure the actual user history.
So my questions are:
- assuming I have made backups of the two tables (and I do have backup of the DB as well), can I delete the records from these two tables and NOT have to re-index or stop/start JIRA? again, my testing indicated that I did not and I'm assuming that because I'm dealing with history/logs that JIRA is NOT caching these two tables as it would all other major tables.
- if the answer to the above is YES, I was planning then to write a scheduled job to delete daily the newly created records by etsync. I didn't want to write a trigger but rather Delete n-1 where n is today's date and therefore not creating any conflicts/deadlocks with any live activity that JIRA may be doing to thess tables.
FYI - we have submitted support/solution requests to both Atlassian and Catch software and neither have a solution for us to stop these etsync messages to appear in the history. Please note that these are history records and not the comments where the configuration tools have the option to avoid writing comments during a sync.
a sample message looks like this:
ID groupid FIELDTYPE FIELD OLDVALUE OLDSTRING NEWVALUE NEWSTRING
359617 285217 jira RemoteIssueLink NULL NULL 14304 This issue links to "TEL11 (Enterprise Tester)"
Thanks
Anatole