So I followed this guide (to the letter) to set up a specific custom field https://amoeboids.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/UP/pages/207749206/How+do+I+add+Employee+Success+attributes+to+Jira+issues+as+custom+fields . However, it is not appearing for new or existing issues.
As my question also says, the "where is my field" feature is reporting that the custom field should be present, with green ticks across the board, on every screen I try to find it in.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt
So @Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids was kindly able to assist with this over on their support portal.
I found out that the reasons why the field wasn't showing up was because our UpRaise wasn't configured to allow Jira issues to be linked as key results, so I had to turn that functionality on via OKR Settings > Advanced > Key Result Configurations, and then check "Jira Issues".
This allowed me to add issues as key results, which wasn't available before.
And when I did link a Jira issue as a key result, I went over to the issue and saw that the UpRaise custom field had appeared and populated with the objective name.
Thanks all!
Maybe there's no value in the field on that specific issue you're looking at? Empty fields are not displayed in Jira server/DC...
Does it show up when you edit the issue?
Hi Ediwn,
No it does not. As mentioned in my post, if I create a new issue or edit an existing one, the field does not appear.
Thanks.
Hi Tanya,
Surely the field must be present on the "Create Issue"/"Edit Issue" screen (which is what I am referring to) in order for a value to be entered?
I've had a thought that may provide an alternative solution if you know of a way to do this. I've tried experimenting myself but haven't had any luck yet.
If I can create a JQL query in 'Quick Filters' to only show issues that have a linked UpRaise objective, then I won't need to get this custom field working.
For example -
However, I can't seem to find the necessary syntax to filter issues with these linked actions.
Hi Matt,
This is an add on setup/configuration issue and not a Jira issue, but here is what I found.
I was only able to see the field after I clicked Linked as a KR and then selected an objective. I also made changes to the permissions and selected all (see 2nd picture). Hope this helps! :-)
Try this:
UR_objective title" ~ testobjective
I think I've just noticed something critical from looking at your screenshot: the custom field is "Objective Title", whereas I'm linking Key Results to my issues. I have a feeling that that's the issue... If that really is the issue, then I'm not sure there's a solution for our use case because our workflow is to create 'objectives' as an overall project, and then 'key results' as tasks within. We don't want to link issues to objectives.
Looking at the field type attribute name, everything references attributes found on the objective screen in UpRaise, not the Key Result screen...
And there isn't a "Key Result" custom field, so I think I'm out of luck
@Matt Carlin sorry, I might have been able to chime in here but the relevant keywords were not used for tagging this question. Anyway, it seems you have created a support request on our portal. Let us continue this conversation there.Best,
Anand
Thank you! And sorry re tagging!
@Matt Carlin glad we could help. From next time on, you can tag me directly in here or use our service desk Thanks,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.