I run a hardware failure analysis lab. We would like to use Jira for hardware issues but it looks like the only options for 'Type' are "Software", "Business" and "Service Desk". How do I create a "Hardware" Type?
Hi @Derek Maxwell,
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
Those "types" are just project templates with workflows and issue types, you can always start off with one of them and then modify the project to suit your needs.
Thanks Mikael. I did start by using the 'software' template. I have modified the entire project to meet my needs but I can't find how to change the 'Type' from software to hardware.
The project type cannot be changed to a custom one. It is used by Jira to determine what features are available for the project.
I see that JIRA cloud platform lets you extend the UI through a plugin. Is there a way to add a new type (like 'Hardware') with this approach?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.