I have the following setup in JIRA+JIRA Service Desk setup in my post-function on Create, while creating issue with issuetype A:
- create sub-task issuetype=B
- if (issuetype A) fas-track to X
- if (issuetype
fast-track to Y
Workflow is the same for both A and B
Under admin-level user I see the following sequence in the logs:
- create process started for the parent
- workflow post-functions are running for the parent
- subtask create process started
- workflow post-functions are running for the sub-task
- sub-task is transitioned to Y
- parent is transitioned to X
All good
Now, I run the same test with an end-user (have Browse, Create, Edit, Transition, Comment permission) - on both fast-track steps I get a log:
Error Message: It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (My Transition) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (KEY-####). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.
No conditions on transitions.
Transition to X is "shared" i.e. "re-used", transition X is not.