I have a pipeline running gradle builds. The pipeline is using docker and mysql for services as well as several caches. The pipeline is intermittently running out of java heap space. I'm trying to understand the memory usage/limitations as described here.
When it says "The build container is given 1024 MB of the total memory", is that a hard limit, unaffected by the "size: 2x" setting? If the gradle build step needs to use more than 1gb, what are my options?
It sounds like the 4 or 8GB made available to the pipeline is total memory for the build container plus other docker containers run as services and any DockerInDocker commands - I'm trying to understand how much of that 4/8 GB can be allocated to my Gradle step e.g.:
pipelines:
default:
- step:
script:
- ./gradlew build sonarqube
Update: I am also setting jvm args for gradle in the gradle.properties, e.g.
org.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m