Hi,
We have JIRA installed on https://jira.aaa.company.com, we need to shrink that URL to https://jira.company.com
I know we need to change a base URL in JIRA configuration from a webUI. But how do we change our current tomcat settings to reflect our requested url of https://jira.company.com/? I know it's being done somewhere in server.xml file, but what exactly need to be changed there? I'm not sure if we have some kind of reverse proxy in place. I know JIRA was installed with whatever was in a package with JIRA out of the box, I can tell it's a Tomcat but not sure if it's working as a reverse proxy. Could you also please advice if it's working as a reverse proxy out of the box?
Thanks in advance!
Rgds
Taras
Hi Taras,
To know if do you have a reverse proxy setup on JIRA, check your <jira-install-folder>/conf/server.xml and look for proxyName and proxyPort parameters. If there is, then you have a reverse proxy with JIRA.
To enable HTTPS on JIRA, you need to change the baseURL and also enable the HTTPS connector on server.xml.
I believe these documentations will help you. The first is related to reverse proxy and the second related to HTTPS with JIRA.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+JIRA+over+SSL+or+HTTPS
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Renato Rudnicki
Thanks alot, seems like we do as proxyName and proxyPort parameters were present in server.xml file.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.