Hello,
I'm using script runner in post function to create new issue and link it with current working issue. It's strange that I didn't set the assignee in the workflow(new issue creating) but I still get the error "You don't have permission to assign issues". Could you please help with this strange case? Thanks.
BR
Xavi
Could it be because there is a screen on create transition of the new issue you are trying to create? There may be required fields on these screen like assignee.
Or there may be a post function that sets the assignee on this create transition. I suggest you check the workflow of the new issue you are trying to create.
Regards,
Elifcan
Thanks Elif. Yes, I've checked the workflow of the new created issue, but the assignee field is not required on the create screen. And for the workflow, I didn't add any post function to set the assignee...Now the workaround is to grant "reporter" the "assignee issue" permission but this caused some reporters assign the issue to himself during the workflow. Could you please suggest? Thanks again.
Is there a default assignee on the project itself? You can check it on project's settings > Users and Roles.
Could there be default assignees based on components? You can check it on project's settings > Components.
Could there be a property on the workflow statuses such as jira.permissions.assign.denied ?
This error suggests that somehow there is a rule that when creating a new issue, assignee should be assigned.
Also how exactly are you trying to accomplish this? With a customized script or a built in feature of Script Runner plugin?
Hello Elifcan,
Thanks for your reply. I've checked all you mentioned in your answer, no default assignee, no component and no property was set in the workflow. I can create the issue on webUI. The error only occurred when using script runner(post function script) to create issue. The script is as below.
issueInputParameters
.setProjectId(targetProject.getId()).setSummary(issue.getSummary()).setDescription(issue.getDescription()).setIssueTypeId(issueType.getId()).setPriorityId(issue.priorityId).setReporterId(issue.reporterId).setSkipScreenCheck(true)
IssueService.CreateValidationResult createValidationResult =issueService.validateCreate(user, issueInputParameters)
if(!createValidationResult.isValid()){
log.error(createValidationResult.getErrorCollection())}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.