I am asking this question generally and hypothetically speaking, as I am getting ready to begin building a new on-prem Confluence platform. I have not yet decided what database I will use (SQL, postgress, mysql, etc). I am no where near an expert in any of these database flavors, so I will not be manipulating this database in any way or straying from the general requirements and configurations outlined in the installation guides. I am aware that doing so would void any support obligation.
I do know, however, that if a random issue popped up in MS SQL, I could give Microsoft a call and request support. Though, with an open source database, this wouldn't be part of the playbook.
So with all this said, how much support could I expect to receive from Atlassian if I was faced with a database issue on the server. If I used PostgreSQL for the database, could I rely on Atlassian to help me troubleshoot issues with the database, or would that fall outside of their support?