I'm testing JIRA 7 EAP and I have some questions:
You can follow the rapid upgrade method: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/upgrading-jira-using-a-rapid-upgrade-method-312738529.html
Not sure what do you mean by the second part of the question.
Just be aware of the changes in JIRA 7: https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/latest-updates/preparing-for-jira-7-0
Thank you for your quick answer @Nic Brough [Adaptavist].
I'm just testing it and I have not planned to use it in a Production environment because it's still an EAP version.
However I was looking for documentation and I didn't found any about it.
So, the standard upgrade process will be still valid? Executing the bin or exe file of the JIRA 7 version would upgrade the JIRA 6 version?
About the applications, if you have some applications, JIRA Core always store the items such as workflows?
Jobin Kuruvilla thank you. What I mean is in JIRA 6 a workflow is related to the JIRA application. A board is related to JIRA Agile application. So, in JIRA 7, if you have some applications instaled, JIRA Core will allways store the workflows?
Is there any early documentation of JIRA 7 EAP?
Yes, correct!
Jobin Kuruvilla but I can have installed JIRA Service Desk without JIRA Core application. Workflows would be stored in JIRA Service Desk then?
No. If you take SD, you get Core as part of it.
Ok, every application have JIRA Core in it?
Yes, they rely on it for all the stuff you're asking about.
This should help: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Preparing+for+JIRA+7.0
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.