Hey guys. I couldn't find a similar question that's why I'll just write mine and hope you can give me a lot of positive feedback.
My team consists of one iOS and one Android developer as well as me as product owner.
Our JIRA issue types are structured in "App Tasks" which are basically features and "Bugs". So far we haven't worked with Epics and User Stories.
Let's say I have one epic that I need to split into user stories. What's the smartest way?
- Option #1: Should the epic be a "App task" (feature) issue type and the user stories subtasks?
- Option #2: Should we create two issue types called "Epic" and "User Story" and then just connect both?
What's making it complicated is that a subtask can't have further subtasks. So in case we use option #1 we can't go deeper in case we need it.
The second part of the challenge: So far we used subtasks to split issue types into iOS and Android. So each developer could track their progress and also move the ticket on our (Kanban) board according. How would you recommend to handle this in the agile workflow?