We are using the X-ray App to run our Quality Assurance and Testing department.
In the Xray app, you have the option to create a Defect issue straight from a Test case execution. I would like to auto fill certain fields in the Defect with data that is already in the Test case execution.
In particular, I'd like to populate a custom field with a list of the "steps" that are detailed in the Test case.
Here's what I'd like to do:
- User initiates Test Execution for the Test.
- User encounters a Defect and clicks the "Create Defect" button in the Execution itself.
- The Create screen appears for the Defect issue type (Jira automatically Links the Test issue to the Defect Issue already).
- We would like Jira to automatically populate a field within the Defect's Create screen with the steps that are indicated in the Test.
Is this something that can be done through the API? I'm not familiar with programming, at all, but wondering if this is possible.