We have something strange with my JIRa
Duplicate custom fields with identical names are created
Is there something I am doing wrong? Why i have this behavior ?
Note:
I use Jira v7.12.1
Jira does not prevent you from doing this. You admin(s) must be diligent and not create this issue as it will become challenging to mange to be sure. You need to either get rid of one of them or rename one of them. If you choose to combine the two then I would recommend you first rename one as that will make it easier to combine.
I'm a jira's admin . the custom-field are created automatically and i have no idea what causes this behavior.
Am i missing something?
how can i prevent it from happening again?
In my case , it's critical . It may cause problems with customer
help please
@Jack Brickey
how can i block the import of custom fields already exist?
I don’t understand. Importing a Jira-dump? Do you mean you are restoring from a backup? If the instance is new and now custom fields have yet been created and you aren’t doing a merge then duplicates won’t occur.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.