Is there any way I can create a modal popup when a user clicks the save or update buttons on a page so that I can ask them to add a piece of required supporting information for the page?
My use case is that every page is required to have a banner detailing if it is commercially sensitive or one of another few caveats. I don't want to rely on people adding labels etc after the page was saved, I'd rather make it a required field somehow.
I've seen a confluence instance with a pop up that appears on clicking the save button which opens a dialog / modal area, asks you to fill in a form then saves the page with that extra info. I've no idea how they've done it though.
The closest I've gotten is a on page save event on the server side, but can't figure out how to do this client side.
Any ideas?