Im using the Confluence Evaluation installed on MacOS 10.13.6.
Our Active Directory is hosted on our Synology Box using Synology Directory Server (samba).
Im struggling to get LDAP auth set up. I keep getting
Connection test failed. Response from the server:
auth.companydomain.com:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: auth.companydomain.com:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching auth.companydomain.com found]
I'm assuming that this has something to do with the certificate Synology is using for active directory by default.
I unchecked Advanced Settings -> Use Secure SSL and that changed my error message to:
Connection test failed. Response from the server:
auth.companydomain.com:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: auth.companydomain.com:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]
I've successfully set up LDAP integration with other software (eg: moodle).
I tried following the steps here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-import-a-public-ssl-certificate-into-a-jvm-867025849.html?_ga=2.267991946.521402259.1574196240-1350555410.1548796221#HowtoimportapublicSSLcertificateintoaJVM-commandline
but can't seem to get the paths right.
Any direction would be helpful!