Our Confluence server stopped updating the dashboard, which appears to indicate issues with content indexing. The same root cause is probably also responsible that users are unable to find new content via search and some plugins stopped working correctly.
This severely affects our routine use of Confluence!
I have tried to manually rebuild the index which seems to get the index sync'ed to the current content, but then any new content is not considered until I manually update the index again.
I have also tried to manually rebuild the index from scratch (stopping confluence and deleting folders, then rebuilding the index), which did not solve the problem either.
I tried to review the Confluence log, but found the output to be inconclusive. Rebuilding the index itself, does not seem to trigger any errors, but there is some complex output while using the system - which may or may not be related, and even if related, may simply indicate follow-up errors due to index issues.
I hope someone can assist with troubleshooting this issue. The instance is currently on 6.15 and I am considering an update to 7.x. Not sure if that would simply resolve the issue or just make it worse, though.