Hello,
I am looking to create a validator workflow condition that the current user needs to be in a specific role to be able to create the issue type. How do I do this? I think the best way to do this is with the Build-your-own (scripted) Validator (JMWE app). The name of the role is Product Manager Workflow.
You did not specify whether you're on Server or Cloud, but since you mentioned "Build-your-own (scripted) Validator" I assume you're on Jira Cloud, correct?
In that case, this is unfortunately not possible until Atlassian implements https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-1883
We are on cloud. Is there another way to validate if its a specific user? We only want specific users to be able to create the task type.
Yes, you can use:
user.accountId == "<accoutId>"
where <accoutId> can be found using the "Lookup user" button of the Jira expression editor.
For example:
user.accountId == "557058:472c64c9-2567-4213-839b-86bf21558300"
Can you use an or statement lookup multiple user id's?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.