Hi,
Is there a way i could find out why my site kept crashing very frequently ?
If you are using the free Tier EC2 of AWS - trust me , the RAM / Memory it has to offer is not sufficient for JIRA or Confluence to run.
I am to understand it is around 2GB - is that the case ?
Hi, I believe you could start with Logging and Profiling available in Settings. Check this log:
/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/catalina.out
Here's how to locate it. Here's some more detail from Atlassian.
Follow these steps to configure logging detail levels of the log4j library used for logging in Confluence.
If you need to fine-tune logs, look at this. And this guide might come handy.
The reason I am asking you to revisit your memory allocation is because I have faced similar situation when I was running Atlassian JIRA and Confluence on AWS Free Tiers.
I had the memory increased on a billed Tier and it ran smooth.
It is AWS T2 Instance , T2 Large. Which provides 8G Ram and 2 vCPU, Xeon 3.3GH.
So do you still think this is the case.
Also the crashing has only happen recently as it was running quite good at the start for a year or so.
Have you made any changes recently - like some memory consuming plugins , or any other application running in the same server ?
Did you monitor your cpu / memory usage recently ?
Has synchrony been always running in your server before this crash started occurring ?
How does your jvm look like ?
I've faced situation like yours in the past on AWS - I just had my insufficient memory increased and it resolved.
But i have checked the memory only use 2G and the other 2G occupied by JVM .
I have 4G left to spare.
Thanx
Nothing in the logs ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.