I am trying to use the Xray REST API to update test executions for Cucumber tests.
However, whenever I import results (either through the interface in Jira or with curl calls) a new Automated[Generic] test is created within the test execution, and the Automated[Cucumber] test that I am trying to update does not have its status updated.
If I run:
curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X GET -u username:password https://jira.ad.myurl.com/rest/raven/1.0/api/test?keys=DJS3-67
I can find the correct test (key DJS3-67, id 63415). I associated a test execution with it (DJS3-70) as per this similar question and downloaded my feature file from the execution, but once I run that feature file and import the cucumber.json or JUnit_Report.xml (from the Jira "Import Execution Results" button or from the API), Jira creates a new test issue inside the correct execution and associates the test run with that.
If I were trying to create a generic test, I think I would be able to simply edit the Generic Test Definition, but I need this to be a cucumber test. In this case, what is the best way to point my POST to the correct test (DSJ3-67)?
From digging, it looks like I will be using the cucumber-multipart endpoint, but I cannot find how to specify which test should be associated with the update in the info json file.
Thank you, please let me know if there is more information I can provide.