As a system and space admin, I am involved in determining our policies for disabling versus deleting users in Confluence. Right now we are not integrated with JIRA, but at some point we may do so. I've read through the basic guidelines about the pluses and minuses to deleting users. Does anyone have any feedback regarding deletion, such as:
1. Do you immediately disable anyone who is not eligible for rehire?
2. For other users, do you disable for a period of time (e.g., 6 months, a year) and then delete the user if they do not return to the company after that time period?
3. Do you have a policy to never delete users (or never delete users that are eligible for rehire)?
4. If your policy is only to disable users, have you run into any problems with the user list getting too long to be manageable? If so, did you find a way to deal with that situation?
Of course our managers will have input to our policy, but I want to present the answers to these questions as part of our discussion.
Thank you.