From another system I get a custom field value X and I want use this value to search the Issue of this custom field. How can I do this with java. Do you have a example?
I'm not sure of the structure of your custom field and it's values, but it sounds to me like you may need to write a searcher for it. See https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Plugin+Guide and look for the customfield-searcher module
If the field was a simple string, date, number, etc, and stored normally in Jira like the standard custom fields, you could simply use the most appropriate built-in searcher. But I've a feeling that won't work for your field.
I have next cod to get the CustomField:
String genesisID = "genesisID"; CustomField genesisIDField = fieldManager.getCustomField(genesisID); Object genesisIDValue = genesisIDField.getCustomFieldType().getValueFromIssue(genesisIDField, [WHAT IS HIS ISSUE])
But, I need some code to search the ISSUE ID of the CustomField with value "X".
Sorry, you've lost me. That code is out of context - I don't know where you're running it, or quite why.
Start at the beginning. What TYPE is the field? How does it store it's data?
I get from another system a custom field(name = genesisID) with value X. I want use value X to get the ISSUE of Custom Field. What i knos is the name of Customfield and the Value of Custom Field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.