Is it possible to run the atlassian/jira-software docker container using Microsoft SQL Server without creating a custom dbconfig.xml.j2?
Looks like the image is hard coded to use the schema "public"[1] which is a reserved keyword in MSSQL[2] and I'm guessing the code doesn't correctly quote references in brackets
[1] https://bitbucket.org/atlassian-docker/docker-atlassian-jira/src/872ee106c71ab2b1cc41929c53b14e5c5d401445/config/dbconfig.xml.j2?at=master#dbconfig.xml.j2-6
[2] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/language-elements/reserved-keywords-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver15
---Side note: is it possible to open issues or pull requests directly associated with the docker-atlassian-jira repository? Or is it just public source and not open to public contribution?
Hey @Chris
We ended up fixing this a few days after you originally made this post. It was addressed here: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian-docker/docker-atlassian-jira/pull-requests/32/set-default-db-schema-name-according-to-db/diff
the tl;dr is that we set the correct default for MSSQL ("dbo") and also provided a new environment variable to allow you to override the schema, `ATL_DB_SCHEMA_NAME`
As for pull requests, you can fork the docker-atlassian-jira repository and open a pull request - our team will review any changes and discuss them in the PR.
Cheers,
Dave Chevell
Hello Team,This Qs is outof Jira cloud domain , I installed Jira on Docker and try to connect with MS SQL server which is running on Docker too. I Installed SQL server from the following link ,
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/linux/quickstart-install-connect-docker?view=sql-server-linux-ver15&pivots=cs1-bash
Can you please help me in knowing exact parameters while setting up database .. I am getting some error while testing connection
Thanks,Faisal
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.