Hi community,
I hope you can help me.
I need to migrate several Confluence Spaces from Confluence Server 6.10.1 to another Confluence Server instance (version unknown yet, but not older than 6.10.1).
The usernames (and certainly also the user IDs) will be different between source and target side.
What is the best way to migrate the spaces and map the users correctly? We thought about soing search-and-replace in the exported XML before importing, but there are users referenced in a mixed way sometimes with their email addresses (which are the usernames on source instance) and sime kind of ID or hash.
<object class="ConfluenceUserImpl" package="com.atlassian.confluence.user">
<id name="key"><![CDATA[ff80818169286c7e016a11f1d2f5000a]]></id>
<property name="name"><![CDATA[john.doe@example.com]]></property>
<property name="lowerName"><![CDATA[john.doe@example.com]]></property>
</object>
Do I have to evaluate these objects like the above one, in order to find out the mapping between username and key, so I can replace all the keys accordingly in objects like the below one, where only keys are used?
<object class="User2ContentRelationEntity" package="com.atlassian.confluence.internal.relations.dao">
<id name="id">1345102</id>
<property name="targetContent" class="Page" package="com.atlassian.confluence.pages"><id name="id">984062</id>
</property>
<property name="sourceContent" class="ConfluenceUserImpl" package="com.atlassian.confluence.user"><id name="key"><![CDATA[ff80818164dabce30164eebfbe150004]]></id>
</property>
<property name="targetType" enum-class="RelatableEntityTypeEnum" package="com.atlassian.confluence.internal.relations">PAGE</property>
<property name="relationName"><![CDATA[collaborator]]></property>
<property name="creationDate">2018-09-24 10:39:18.000</property>
<property name="lastModificationDate">2018-09-24 10:39:18.000</property>
<property name="creator" class="ConfluenceUserImpl" package="com.atlassian.confluence.user"><id name="key"><![CDATA[ff80818164dabce30164eebfbe150004]]></id>
</property>
<property name="lastModifier" class="ConfluenceUserImpl" package="com.atlassian.confluence.user"><id name="key"><![CDATA[ff80818164dabce30164eebfbe150004]]></id>
</property>
</object>
If that's the case, is there any tool that can help with this task?
Thank you!
Daniel