I saw in another thread that it is possible to add watchers using post function on issue transition.
But I don't see such option in our JIRA 8.4 instance.
Is it possible to do without a plugin?
This is what they see:
Vs. what I see:
@Daniel Brvnišťan , to answer your specific question, No. You can't add Watchers in naked Jira. You will need to use an app to do this. I see from your screen shot you have scriptrunner so this should be pretty easy to do.
Here is a previous question on the community that could help you out:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/ScriptRunner-for-Jira-Cloud-Add-watcher-in-ScriptRunner-Post/qaq-p/1177008
Hi Daniel,
I can confirm that if you are using Jira Server as you have indicated that the community answer linked to above will not work inside of Jira Server as this is for Jira Cloud.
However, I can confirm that if you install ScriptRunner for Jira Server that you can use the Add Watcher listener to automatically add watchers to an issue as described here.
I hope this information helps.
Regards,
Kristian
Thanks Peter,
I wanted to use out of the box feature if there is one, but since not, I will go with ScriptRunner, thanks for the hint on the other thread.
Daniel
Hi Kristian,
Thanks for the tip - I looked at that page, but I am trying to add a specific group when a specific transition happens. I created the event and now I am creating the listener - if I get stuck I will post a new question, and I bet you will have a solution
Thanks!Daniel
I understand, I always like to keep things out of the box when possible. Good luck to you!
Well, I found one issue, that I am getting constantly, not sure you will be able to reproduce.
Any ideas?
Thank you for your response.
It sounds like there is some other configuration the that is adding the two watchers when it is manually triggered such as a post function and I would advise reviewing your workflow to identify what could be causing this behaviour.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.