Good morning all,
I am researching ways to report on 2 federated instances that are configured identically. Both use Portfolio for Jira to maintain a hierarchy, along with some other add-ons for data alignment. The big need here is that there does not seem to be a way to utilize the same type of linking, given that we are restricted to remote issue links and can't use the Parent-Child relationships, which come with P4J.
So, one of the needs I have is that I want to be able to connect Parent issues on one side with child issues on the other. Additionally, I want to be able to display these relationships with a central reporting tool that can show these like P4J does, a nice road map of sorts where the structure is top down. And finally, I want to be able to slice and ice the data in a number of different ways, which unfortunately P4J will not support.
My initial thoughts are to use Tabeau or Smartsheet to connect to both instances, but I would like to overcome the linking restrictions if at all possible (I'd like to have a single option for connecting internal and external issues the same way). If I cannot, then I need to figure out how best to report and display the relationship using both link options.
If anyone out there has done this or has any ideas, I'm all ears.