This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Migrating from JIRA Server to JIRA Cloud
I am trying to migrate from an existing JIRA server instance full of projects to a cloud instance. I have been able to successfully export the JIRA server instance and import it onto the cloud. The problem I am having is none of the projects are showing up.
For the initial tries I attempted a straight export and import, this failed with invalid characters in the CDATA of the xml.
To successfully import the file to the cloud I used the Atlassian tool to remove the invalid characters. Unzipped the file, ran the tool, added the data folder for attachments and avatars the zipped it back up, and imported. This worked but the projects never appeared. Is this normal? Is there something I am missing?
I have successfully updated from v6.4 (server) to v7.2 (server) and restored on v7.2(server) everything worked out fine but moving from the server (v7.2) to the cloud is not working out.