Hello,
first of all i am not that professional on administrating computers. But this weekend we had a power failure and my servers crashed. My Windows Server booted up quick and went perfect again. But my Atlassian Linux Machines make some trouble. I hope you can help me.
I have an older Version of Jira 7.5.2 and it is connecting to a Windows MSSQL Database. First i had problems in starting jira. After a lot of research i managed to start Jira on linux. When i try to log in i just get the message, that the login is not correct. This also happens on confluence and bitbucket.
I would be very thankful if someone could give me a hint where i could look or check first so i am not searching in the dark.
A second question is: Is it right, that i shoudn't start jira as root? I started jira accidently as root and found a topic where it should be started as jira user. I also checked the folders. After start with root some were owned by jira and some by root. So i changed them all back to jira and started as jira user. Hope this is right. Just in case 
Another information: Before the powerfailure it worked fine and i had no problems with the system at all. Thank you very much!