JIRA version = 8.5.0, Java Version = 1.8.0_202
I had to to a hard-reboot after a screen freeze on my gentoo machine on which jira runs.
When i rebooted and went back into jira i'm greeted with the "Jira had problems starting up" screen.
Looking at the end of /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out i'm seeing:
08-Nov-2019 21:48:02.732 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 3384 ms
12 2019-11-08 21:48:02,779 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.SystemDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading database configuration from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml
11 2019-11-08 21:48:02,805 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.DatabaseConfigHandler] Trying to get encrypted password from xml and decrypt it
10 2019-11-08 21:48:02,806 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.DatabaseConfigHandler] Database password decryption not performed.
9 2019-11-08 21:48:03,193 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
8 2019-11-08 21:48:03,193 JIRA-Bootstrap FATAL [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.
I'm just starting out (my second run at this), and am using the h2db until i can get it running under mariadb (yeah, i know, i know
). In my dbconfig.xml i have no password. I don't have data in there that i'd feel strongly about protecting. I'll do that when i get mariadb set up on this.
So, what's my next step? re-install an update? re-introduce the database from a file in export somehow? If this were mysql i'd know what to do, but i'm unsure of how to deal with this when an h2 database is involved.
Any help is apprecaited. Thank you.