I have an older version of JIRA (about a year old) which is our working master version of JIRA. I have a project from a new (trial version) of JIRA that I need to import into the old.
Presumably the cleanest way to do this would be to use the export and import feature, but all the documentation simply states that there the two versions must be identical. That is not an option in this case.
I would like a work around for this. Ideally this would be without just doing a csv record dump and recreate the project (with it's unique flows, statuses, etc) on the existing system.
All the posts I've come across (one dating back to 2011) discuss installing same versions, which doesn't strike me as a solution, rather a rigid standing-by-your-guns that it can't be successfully done. I would hope that 8 years later, there'd be some function or tool or something to ease export and import of a project between differing versions of JIRA.