Hi @Helen OBoyle, (sorry, they shut down the other page so I couldn't reply there, which is a shame as there was another conversation I wanted to respond to as well)
Apologies, I hadn't considered that situation (where unsupported software isn't approved for use). If you/we can persuade them to revert back to making the legacy editor their key editor, then more the better, however I don't think they are going to do that. My aim was more 'if they are no longer working on it, then they could at least leave it running so some people can still use it'.
I was trying to offer damage limitation suggestions, not satisfactory solutions, as I don't think there are any that they are going to consider.
I was hoping that they'd respond to that suggestion, and possibly show some inclination towards it, in which case we'd have a platform to argue for a level of support that would work for companies like yours.
Ultimately, I suspect they are going to blunder through the next few months and then at some point just switch off the old editor. I hadn't seen the articles about the new underlying storage format, which indicates that bigger changes might be afoot.
Whatever they do, I hope you manage to get through it with a minimum of disruption!