Currently using description field for updates related to a specific Jira task. I have to manually add date stamp and type the latest update in. At the end of the meeting I export the fields and use this a meeting minute summary. I would prefer to do this but instead use the comments. However I can not add this view under the filter view. Any Ideas?
Hi @Camden LeBlanc
Welcome to the Atlassian community,
If you comment on issue you can use updated field as the last updated date/time however you can't get the latest comment (out-of-the-box) in your issue navigator without the manual task that you do in the meetings. And updating the description field all the time is not a good practice. That should be in comments section.
You need to use an app for this one.
I'm one of the folks behind Snapbytes and Enhancer Plugin for Jira which I could recommend to give a try. It has Comment custom field in which you can define First/Last comment custom field so that it can be automatically populated upon comments, and you can search against them.
I hope I was helpful.
Tuncay
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.