In the instruction for associating a workflow scheme with a project it says, "Click Associate to begin the migration process. Each issue needs to have a valid status, so you may need to assign statuses to a select number of issues after you switch workflow schemes."
If an issues exists in multiple projects does changing the status already assigned to it change the available status values for that issue across all projects in which it occurs? Or are the changes local to the workflow associated with a specific project?
For example,
I am attempting to associate a new workflow, "Auto-regression workflow Oct 2019" to an existing project. After clicking publish (I am assuming "publish" is the same as " Associate" in instruction snippet above) I am presented with this:
If I change the status of the Bug Issue from "In QA" to "In Progress" to be compatible with the "Auto-regression workflow Oct 2019" workflow, will this be a global change of the status effecting all instances of the Bug issue in all the projects it appears in, or will it just be local to the new workflow?
I have fallen foul of making what I thought was a local change but in fact it wasn't ( i.e., I change the name of a status) - I don't want to do that again!
Thanks in advance
Dave