Hi, How does one set that all links in tickets ust open automatically in a new tab?
Hello @Frédéric Bouhet ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Is this question for Jira Server or Cloud?
I am asking because:
"Opening external links in new tabs is one of many improvements coming to Jira Cloud with the new Jira issue view"
You may want to vote and set yourself as a watcher to one the above tickets (depending on whether you use Server or Cloud) so that you will be updated in case of any progress.
Please let me know if this helps.
Cheers,Dario
It's 2021 and jira cloud still opens links in the same window / tab.
I think you're better off using a browser extension than waiting for atlassian to implement something.
I use New Domain in New Tab in Chrome, works fine.
While at it, I also can recommend Hide Empty Labels on JIRA Boards extension - works nice as well.
Maybe there's smth for firefox as well, but me simp for google mate.
here is solution for you. Auto open extern link on new tab. also work for stackoverflow
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stackoverflow-jira-extern/omobkjbchckaocdkcbeapemooohjgbnk
Does not work.
The above extension works perfectly as of today in chrome.
Life saver.
Basic missing feature in JIRA.
Not working for me in Ubuntu 20.04 Chrome 91
Now over 2 years later and Jira STILL is not set to append "target=_blank" to their link html code in the system. It is less than a full line of code to improve the UX. When is this "update" ever going to happen?
An official update on this topic would be very much appreciated.
The linked cloud issue was marked as closed/won't do.
Jira is a joke.
I think they are misunderstanding the assignment. We don't want "external" links to another domain to open in a new tab. I want all my issue, project and boards links on the site to open in a new tab by default. Navigating in jira is so painful unless you remember to use the browser hotkeys or context menu's to get links in a new tab/window. Of course bringing this up to them is like spitting in the wind i'm sure.
I would honestly would like both to have "target=_blank" appended to the html for all links in Jira. But, I will settle for just Jira links having that appended fo those open in a new tab. The Chrome plugin is great as a workaround if you use Chrome.
Bump.
All links in the issue body and the comments should be opening in a new tab. This is standard practice UX in 2022
Decision: Based off our research, we will keep the existing default behaviour.https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-9380
It should be a user choice, guys!
Not a hard-coded one-way operation.
Unbelievable.With so many customers using JIRA, why is this basic functionality not available?
Unfortunately it looks like the "opening external links in new tabs" didn't end up making it to the new Jira issue view for cloud.
When is this going to be added? If I were to guess, it should probably take less than 3 years to implement...
not working in Jira
This worked for me on Chrome today in JIra.
Wow, I can't believe my eyes! There is no solution for this yet?! When I click a link in Jira it doesn't open a new tab?!
Fake News.
Atlassian could reverse the recession with this simple update. I can't believe how much pain this causes me and can't even imagine what the collective loss in productivity must be worldwide. Fix this!
Hello, it is not possible. Happy 2023!
X 1000. All my Bell Aerts, and external links, should open in a new tab, by default, as I can actually work several tasks/tickets at a time, unlike Jira / atlassianThe team, or leader, CEO, holding this back, for years now, should be immediately terminated. It's 2023, as stated above, the simple addition of code to open ALL links in a new tab, is "standard practice in UX"
Cannot believe they haven't fixed this. Garbage tool, garbage company. No wonder everyone hates software
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.