I am trying to eliminate a lot of busy work by having to only enter Versions (Releases) into one project and then either having those Versions copied over to a few other Projects that use the same Version. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or is it possible to have all projects just use one bucket of Versions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using JIRA 6.
I don't mind repeating the answer here: we have launched our Version Sync add-on for JIRA to the Marketplace that will do exactly this. It will automatically keep versions in sync between multiple projects, where you have one "Master" project and an unlimited number of linked projects to which version changes are propgated.
You can also use Bob's copyVersions or copyVersion commands as part of the JIRA Command Line Interface add-on.
This has been asked and answered a number of times before. Here is at least one of those: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/77613/how-do-you-share-versions-among-multiple-projects-in-jira
Thank you Bob for your answer to this question. Very helpful with both add-ons.
Remie,
I downloaded the Version Sync add-on however I am not really finding any documentation to tell me how to get this set up. Am I possibly missing something?
In my mailbox I found a question about documentation, which I cannot find here anymore?
Anyway, the documentation for Version Sync can be found online: https://collabsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Version+Sync+for+JIRA
Hi all,
If you don't want to pay for another add-on just for one useful feature, here is the issue you should vote for!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-66760
Why in the world every time someone asks for a basic feature Jira should have, do we have to be pointed to an add-on?
Really, I have to pay for an add-on to share a field between projects? Wow...
Not a criticism of the Atlassian marketplace companies but to Atlassian itself. They need to learn how to discern basic from add-on!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.