Are there any pointers on how to install Atlassian SDK on macOS Catalina?
Whenever I try to do so I get the following error message from install4j installer:
You must be logged in as a root user when installing this program
Hello Igor,
Thank you for raising this. I'm getting the same error as you.
I'm checking with the team, but I was able to install the SDK using the Homebrew instructions for Linux:
If you don't have Homebrew installed, you can follow the instructions on brew.sh.
Can you give that a try and let me know if it works?
Regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,
I'm not a Homebrew user and installed SDK manually, but I would prefer to install it from the package.
It should be a matter of configuration according to install4j documentation if I understand it correctly (see p. 98): https://www.ej-technologies.com/resources/install4j/help/doc/install4j.pdf
Igor,
No worries! I reported it to the team, and have logged it as a bug below:
You should be able to view it as well, so please confirm with me. If you vote or watch the case, you'll receive updates once it's resolved.
Take care!
hi Atlassian team,
just verified that the ticket referenced above was closed with a reference to the Homebrew installer. You might want to update the Atlassian SDK Developer documentation accordingly:https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/downloads/
Kind regards,
Georg
Would it be possible to fix the problem? I am not allowed to have Homebrew(don't ask). Another alternative would be to give explicit, step by step, directions to install it manually.
I've just had to work around this too... the solution is to open the DMG file, then run:
sudo /Volumes/atlassian-plugin-sdk/Atlassian\ Plugin\ SDK\ 8.2.6\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub
(You may have to change the version number if it's been updated by the time you read this.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.