Hello! I'm interested in building a small JIRA dashboard to display metrics around user story estimate efficiency. This is not an effort to grade developers or "burn" people for poor estimates, more just to see how good we are at estimating and whether we get better over time.
So, simply using the metrics that we collect in JIRA:
* Original Estimate
* Remaining Estimate
* Time Logged
I'm thinking about the BEST way to report the following data for a specific Release/fixVersion outside of the VERY basic stock Time Tracking Report:
- average size/effort of defect in release = (total time logged in release/# defects in release)
- overall release estimate efficiency = (total time logged in release/total of original estimates in release)
- specific user story estimate efficiency = (total time logged to a specific US/original estimate for that specific US)
Is there a best practices way to present the above (assuming all data is input correctly) and display it within JIRA dashboard?
I'd like it to be as simple as possible, as I am hoping to avoid exporting data into Excel (although I will do this if there is not an elegant solution).
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Cheers,
Clive